Pumpkin soup is a classic autumn dish that’s beloved by many. However, many people don’t realize that pumpkin soup is not always vegan-friendly. Thankfully, we have a 2023 guide to help you make a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup. Read on to learn more about how to make a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup!
What Ingredients are Necessary for a Vegan-Friendly Pumpkin Soup?
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 2 cups pumpkin puree (from about 2 small pumpkins)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (or more to taste)
Optional toppings: fresh parsley, vegan sour cream, pumpkin seeds
Directions: In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. During this time, puree the pumpkin in a blender or Pumpkin soup thermomix until smooth. Return the soup to low heat and add the pumpkin puree. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. If desired, top each serving with a dollop of vegan sour cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds before serving.
What are Some Variations of a Vegan-Friendly Pumpkin Soup?
There are many variations of a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup, so it is best to try a few different recipes and see which one you like the best. Some common variations include:
- Omit the chicken stock and use vegetable broth instead.
- Use sweetened condensed milk in place of the heavy cream.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, or allspice for flavor.
- Replace the pumpkin puree with pumpkin seeds, nuts, or other seeds for a more hearty soup.
- Make it into a soup dumpling by adding cooked rice or quinoa to the soup and folding it in half before serving.
What are Some Tips for Making a Vegan-Friendly Pumpkin Soup Recipe?
Here are some tips for making a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup:
- Start by cooking your vegetables in a large pot until they’re soft.
- Add your garlic and spices, then stir in your pumpkin puree.
- Once everything is mixed together, let the soup simmer on low heat until it’s heated through.
- Finally, add in some shredded kale or chard and some sliced avocado for extra deliciousness!
- Serve the soup warm and enjoy!
Making a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup is definitely not difficult, and with a few simple tips, you can have a delicious and nutritious soup recipe that everyone will love. By following these tips, you will be able to create a delicious and nutritious soup that is perfect for autumn. Be sure to enjoy it!