There’s no denying that commercial carpets can be a major fixture in any office or business. They can add comfort and style to any space, and they’re also a key component in keeping floors clean. But just how often should commercial carpet be deep-cleaned? The answer may surprise you. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of deep-cleaning commercial carpets on a regular basis, and we’ll also provide tips on how to properly clean them. So whether you own a business or work in an office, make sure to keep your carpets looking their best with regular deep-cleaning.
Types of Commercial Carpet
Commercial carpet is often subjected to high levels of traffic, which can lead to stains and dirt buildup. It’s important to regularly deep-clean commercial carpets to prevent potential problems down the road. Here are three types of commercial carpet that should be cleaned more frequently:
- Carpet in high-traffic areas: Areas that see a lot of foot and vehicular traffic, such as corners and hallways, should be deep-cleaned at least once per month.
- Carpet near machines or equipment: If your business has machinery or equipment that generates a lot of dust and debris, it’s important to deep-clean the carpet around these areas at least once every two weeks.
- Carpet in dirty areas: Areas near garbage cans, dirty floors, and other unclean surfaces should also be deep-cleaned on a regular basis to avoid buildups of bacteria and dirt.
What is Commercial Carpet Cleaning?
Commercial carpet cleaning is a service typically provided by professionals. Carpet cleaning is important because it eliminates dirt, dust, and other allergens that can cause health problems. It is also important to keep them clean to maintain their appearance and reduce the risk of accidents.
There are a few factors that determine how often they should be deep-cleaned: the type, the age of the carpet, whether or not the carpet has been treated in the past, and traffic levels. Generally speaking, commercial carpets should be deep-cleaned every six to twelve months.
Types of Carpet Cleaning
If you own or operate a commercial property, it is important to keep your carpet clean and free of dirt and dust. There are many types of services that can help you achieve this goal, so it is important to choose the right one for your needs.
The three most common types of cleaning are manual labor, steam cleaning, and drycleaning. Manual labor involves a professional cleaner coming into your business or home and cleaning the carpets using their hands and feet. Steam cleaning uses hot steam to break up the dirt and grime on the surface of the carpet. Drycleaning uses a machine that removes the dirt, dust, and stains from the carpets by suction.
There are pros and cons to each type of cleaning. Manual labor is typically less expensive than steam or drycleaning, but it can be time-consuming and require some experience to do well. Steam cleaning is often more expensive than manual labor but faster and easier, making it a good choice for busy businesses with limited resources. Drycleaning is usually more expensive than either manual labor or steam cleaning, but it can remove more dirt and debris than either method and doesn’t require any special equipment or training.
How Often Should Commercial Carpet Be Deep-Cleaned?
Commercial carpet can be a major fixture in any office or business, adding comfort and style to any space. However, if not cleaned on a regular basis, dirt and debris can build up to such an extent that it becomes difficult to clean. They should be deep-cleaned every 6 to 12 months to ensure optimal performance. Carpet cleaning Calgary will provide thorough and reliable service. They can also help you choose the best type of cleaning for your specific needs.
Pros and Cons of Commercial Carpet Cleaning
There are both pros and cons to commercial carpet cleaning. While deep-cleaning once a year can keep them looking and smelling great, doing it more often can save you money in the long run. Here’s a look at the benefits and drawbacks of each:
- Deep-cleaning can keep them looking and smelling great.
- It can be an effective way to prevent dirt, dust, and other allergens from building up over time.
- It can be a cost-effective way to maintain your carpets.
- It can be done quickly and easily by a qualified professional.
- There is no need for special equipment or expertise – just some water and soap!
- Commercial carpet cleaning is typically safe for most types of carpets – including those with rugs or fringe.
- It’s possible to book regular commercial carpet cleaning without having to worry about high wait times or large deposits (typically around $50-$100 per visit).
- Deep-cleaning may require removing some fibers which could impact the durability of the fabric over time – particularly if the cleaning process is not done correctly (i.e., using harsh chemicals or hot water).
- It may be more difficult to clean larger areas than smaller spots due to the amount of water needed and the size of the equipment.
- It may take a while for the carpets to dry – particularly if they’re in a high-traffic area.
- There is a risk of leaving behind residue or damage that can’t be undone (e.g., yellowing, staining, etc.).
- Commercial carpet cleaning typically requires a two-hour window in which the carpets cannot be used, so businesses may experience disruptions during busy times (or during peak hours).
Commercial carpet should be deep-cleaned at least once every 6 months, but ideally twice a year. If you have pets or children, you might want to consider deeper cleaning more often than that. Remember to use the right products and techniques for keeping commercial carpet clean and looking its best!